DeviantART was created to entertain, inspire, and empower the artist in all of us and today is the leading destination on the Internet for creativity and the arts. Our Product Marketing Assistants, are responsible for planning and executing campaigns to help the growth and development of the deviantART community and its features. They service the department as it expands to meet its goal of informing and educating the community about deviantART's ever-evolving products and features. They handle research and organization, and will work closely with several internal departments, as well as the community, to strengthen efforts relating to the consistent updates of deviantART sitewide features.
As a Product Marketing Assistant you will provide an invaluable service to the organization and truly help define the vision for new site initiatives, and play a pivotal role in managing the flow of bringing them to market. This position works closely with the heads of deviantART's Marketing and Product divisions and is a position for someone who is already familiar with how deviantART works -- understands the community, and genuinely wants to help develop and promote features and services that aid artists and art enthusiasts.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Brainstorm, research, and document new product opportunities, business ideas, and services
- Monitor online community issues, trends, and activity
- Assist with writing and proofreading internal and external communications
- Assist with the development and execution of new marketing campaigns
- Plan and execute product launches
- Collect and analyze data
- Keep track of follow-up action points from meetings and conference calls
- Perform follow-up with other employees related to their projects and tasks
You’re a great fit for us if you have:
- A *HIGH* level of computer and Internet savvy
- Excellent English communication skills
- Incredible writing competentency
- Self-motivation, drive, and ablility to articulate your vision
- Ability to multitask, have a positive attitude, and sense of humor
- Capability of working independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling confidential/sensitive information
Specific requirements for this position:
- You can name all of deviantART's user symbols
- You know how to install a JournalSKIN
- You've seen 'Trololololololololololo Man' and know what a Lolcat is
- You MUST be able to work from our Hollywood, CA headquarters (This is non-negotiable.)
- You're at least 18 years old
- You're someone who wants to work at a company that values its employees and offers an excellent work atmosphere
- You can name at least 5 social sites or services and describe how they work.
- You know your Internet memes
- You like things that are funny
- You enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment
Along with your resume submission, please answer the three questions below in your cover letter:
- In a few sentences, describe a feature or enhancement that would improve your favorite social network or site.
- What is your favorite TV show (past or present) and why?
- What is your deviantART username?
This position requires you to be located in the Los Angeles area and work from our L.A. office.
Salary/Benefits: DeviantART offers a competitive salary and major medical benefits.