DeviantArt is a top 10 most visited social network that boasts 55 million monthly global visitors. We’re creating the cultural context for how digital content is created, discovered and shared. We are where the global undercurrent of creativity feeds the future of popular culture, and as a result, we are one of the world’s largest sources of high quality fan-generated and artist-generated content.
We are currently seeking an experienced, intelligent and energetic advertising sales professional who wishes to partake in both media sales and strategy within a unique corporate setting.
The National Sales Director will work with VP of Brand Partnerships and other team members to identify and secure clients, harnessing those relationships to generate significant advertising revenue and repeat business.
The National Sales Director will identify marketplace opportunities, prospect and engage new clients, develop proposals, and manage the contract process. They will also help manage and mentor other Account Managers by demonstrating advanced sales, market research and business skills.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Has existing relationships with agencies and advertisers across the categories of Film, Gaming and TV, as well as millennial focused brands.
- Demonstrate experience in digital media sales and has a sound understanding of the online media and marketing space.
- Research and develop new client relationships in order to identify potential leads and opportunities while maintaining and nurturing existing relationships with our established advertiser base.
- Develop innovative proposals and deliver strategic sales presentations to prospective clients in order to secure new accounts and successfully negotiate rates and terms with clients to secure revenue.
- Experience in providing both media and content solutions, is expected.
- Communicate with clients to troubleshoot issues, research design, and present additional sales opportunities in order to leverage repeat business.
- Develop materials such as presentations and varied costing grids to be used in client pitches and presentations in order to make insightful recommendations and actionable items for clients.
- Work along with other departments/team members in order to ensure timely response to client RFPs
- Generate a business plan to define selling strategies and tactics by quarter.
You’re a great fit for us if you have:
- 8+ years of online advertising campaign management experience
- Deep understanding of online advertising sales and products, site monetization strategies, and trends in advertising
- Bachelors degree required (or 6 years of relevant experience selling online advertising)
- Experience with conceptualizing digital and integrated ideas and writing or directing proposals for major accounts.
- A solid understanding of account planning/strategic planning in an advertising agency or digital media property.
- Knowledge of building sponsorships and other advertising programs
- Extremely detailed oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment in a large media or entertainment company
This position requires you to be located in and work from our Los Angeles headquarters.
Salary/Benefits: DeviantArt offers competitive salary, commission and benefits.